5 things you need to know about raw honey
- Raw honey will set. Sometimes fast!
- Raw honey sets on its own to a delicious creamy texture.
- Setting depends on temperature of honey in storage, time of year (the warmer it is the slower it sets) and type of honey collected by the bees.
Heating honey does slow down this natural process – which some people (but not us) prefer.
- The sugars in raw honey have not been modified by heat.
- Raw honey is undamaged by heat and so all the good things the bees get from the blossoms are in raw honey.