Raw honey has a low glycemic index (GI) making it the very best, natural sweetener for your body.
- Raw honey will set. Sometimes fast! All by itself. (So you spread it and cannot usually drizzle it).
- Setting time depends on temperature of honey in storage and type of honey collected by the bees.
- The sugars in raw honey have not been damaged by heat. Heating honey slows down this natural process.
- All the good things the bees get from the blossoms are still in raw honey.
- Raw honey has a lower GI than heated honey.
- Raw honey sometimes looks ugly; due to the naturally occurring tiny sugar crystals but it always tastes wonderful.