If ever there was a year for a clear vision it's 2020! That's my dad joke actually heard told by the Beekeeper to our daughter.
At Elixir Honey this year it's going to be all about focus and simplicity. This should have the following good outcomes in our business:
1. Focus means we don't get waylaid by busyness. As the Beekeeper pointed out to me, unlike the people at the Dept of Agriculture (for eg) we don't have to look productive! So that means we can choose carefully where we put our precious energy of time, money and effort.
2. Focus also means focussing - a fabulous technique that helps you talk to your emotive brain. I learned about this is the MOOC I did last year. It's a winner that I want to build into a very solid habit in 2020.
3. Focus will also help us to listen better; to each other, to our customers and to our neighbours. I'm feeling that we all need a bit more love, respect and understanding in 2020.
4. Focus will also help healthy ego-centricity, inclusion and connectedness with everyone and everything around me.
5. Focus on Simplicity will help me get back to basics and stay there. Simplicity for me means doing less and doing with less, staying closer to home and focusing on my good health, my family, my jobs and and my property. There was far too much gallivanting in 2019 and January of 2020 which kept me busy busy busy.
5.5. Eat less tinned beans. This one came from my neighbour and cracked me up. By it she meant get more organised around cooking nourishing meals.
Romy Surtees works with Glenn Pattinson at Elixir Honey, the rural Western Australian good honey business that helps to keep busy people healthy & energised.